Kids N' Elders
About Kids N’ Elders
The Kids N’ Elders program is built upon the principals which both seniors and students contribute skills and experience in support of social well-being in their communities.
- Tolerance to help seniors with fine motor control
- Patience to speak clearly, loudly and carefully
- Compassion to care for senior’s limitations
In the weeks following, students bring an activity to be be completed with their grandparent based on the Ontario Curriculum. Activities are constructed to require both generations to share individual experiences and skills while developing social skills and emotional intelligence.
The Kids N’ Elders program is built upon the principals which both seniors and students contribute skills and experience in support of social well-being in their communities. This connection builds understanding and insight in these communities.
- Build self-esteem, empathy and compassion
- Interact & understand seniors in a positive way
- Learn from another’s life experience
- Become more self-aware, self-assured
- Become comfortable in social situations
- Purpose as role model and mentors
- Stimulation of senses
- Memories and skills are engaged
- Fosters personal relationship with a child
- Unconditional acceptance & emotional support
- Opportunity to share a lifetime of experience while providing a chance for reminiscing